SOUND WITHOUT BORDERS - FACTEURS D'INSTRUMENTS SANS FRONTIERES ONG
"Reconquering a sound expression"
How can we give everyone the opportunity to build themselves individually and collectively through sound expression? How can one rediscover the virtues of the arts when one's own human condition is scorned? How to allow a group, an individual in a position of instability to be heard and to dialogue?
"Through creativity and the practices they induce, the Arts are a vector of reunion and joy for populations" Dr. Frédéric Bousquet, co-founder and President
To provide tools and know-how for the creation of sound generators in situ, to collect and transport musical instruments and broadcasting systems, in order to encourage the reclaiming of sound and musical expression by the most suffering populations.
WHO ARE WE?
Companies of the instrument making sector, artists expressing themselves in wild and urban lutherie, sound sculptors, sound system designers, institutions, individuals.
The association SOUND WITHOUT BORDERS, known as "S.W.B." founded in 2016, in accordance with the provisions of the law of July 1, 1901, has as its object:
1. To create sound generators, in critical areas, mainly from the collection and use of materials and components found in situ,
2. To bring together, without discrimination and without exclusivity, the inventors and creators of all types of sound generators - not only instrument makers, sound sculptors, representatives of "new lutheries" and "wild lutherie", sound professionals -, but also all persons likely to put their knowledge, know-how and skills at the service of the association or to be useful to its mission,
a. To assist populations in cultural distress, populations excluded from sound or musical expression, victims of natural or man-made disasters, situations of belligerence or other forms of violence, epidemics or endemics,
b. To promote a process of individual and collective reconstruction through the creation and use of sound generators, acoustic or electroacoustic, digital interfaces. As tools of expression, through creativity and through the individual and collective practices they induce, sound generators are a vector of reconstruction and joy for populations,
c. In the countries where it seems possible, to share and transmit elements of acoustic and electroacoustic instrument making,
3. To mobilize in favor of these populations all the human and material means necessary to implement the know-how proper to the creation of sound generators, allowing the sound, musical or oral diffusion,
4. To inform and sensitize, in a general or specific way, the public, the donors of the association and the various institutions whose support conditions the action of Sound Without Borders, about the situations of cultural distress with which the manufacturers of sound generators are confronted,
5. To support and/or participate, to the extent of its possibilities of action and its available resources, in development and research work aiming at improving or developing means of expression and/or sound diffusion,
6. To seek all national and international assistance likely to enable its members to fulfill their mission in the parts of the world where they may be called to serve.
Contemporary instrument making, wild and urban lutherie, sound sculpture, sound system designers have many skills related to the creation of sound generators. Artistic, artisanal or industrial, they can be mutualized and shared. On the basis of collecting and using debris, manufactured objects made unusable, salvaged materials, various components, many sound bodies - or simple sound toys - and sound systems can be easily designed.
With the knowledge of the action of Musique Sans Frontières and Luthiers Sans Frontières, Sound Without Borders wants to register its project as an additional link in the long chain of solidarity.
DONATIONS OF INSTRUMENTS / SOUND SYSTEMS
SWB is a link between OWNERS OF MUSIC INSTRUMENTS / SOUND SYSTEMS and POPULATIONS/ INDIVIDUALS/ FAMILIES IN DEMAND.
SWB is the link between the AVAILABILITIES and the NEEDS.
SWB is a LIAISON ORGANIZATION.
- When the action is NATIONAL, it is most often DIRECT: SWB puts the owner of the instrument to be forwarded in direct contact with the RECEIVER.
- When the action is INTERNATIONAL and INDIRECT, the logistics is based on CONVEYANCE, shared until then. The logistics are organized on a case by case basis at first. Since one week, in the context of the Ukrainian crisis, we are in Occitania informed of the daily convoys.
SWB relies on a NETWORK of REPAIRERS and RESTAURERS if necessary.
Via the HelloAsso portal
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE SENDING!
Head office : FACTEURS D'INSTRUMENTS SANS FRONTIÈRES LIEU DIT LE TOMPLE 48320 GORGES DU TARN CAUSSES
Lozère, Occitania, France
+33 (0)6 32 67 07 96
Thank you for your commitment and your action in favor of the suffering populations and the Arts.
"Music, universal language and collective art par excellence" Dr. Frédéric Bousquet, co-founder and President